Friday, April 10, 2009

Used Coffee Grounds

What do you do with yours?

I put mine in the compost most of the time. But I also put them your house plants, garden and yard.

You can use them to clean odors off your hands. If you have been cutting garlic or onion and can't get the smell of, dip in to the mornings grounds, get a squirt of soap and give them a good scrub.

You can make a facial/cellulite scrub out of them. You can use it as a hand and facial scrub. Put it on your legs and wrap in plastic wrap and leave on for 10-15 minutes, brush it off and jump in the shower.

What you need:
2 cups of used coffee grounds
1/2 cup of raw sugar or unrefined sea salt
2 teaspoons of the the oil of your choice (Sweet Almond, Grape seed or Jojoba)
Optional: Brown Sugar, Cinnamon of vanilla Extract
I mix mine in an old jar. (I save all my jar and reuse them)

You can dish or muslin teabag put them somewhere smelly to absorb the odor.

Put them in your damp hair to stain your hair like a natural hair dye. Leave on for a bit and rinse. You can also do this with cooled (black) coffee. You may have to do this several time to get the effect you want.

*Help save a tree and use a reusable coffee filter!

1 comment:

Khrys said...

Love these ideas!

I like using my coffee grounds to help my rose bushes and they are very good for blueberries also. Coffee grounds can be used for crafts too. I have a link to a webpage with some Earth friendly crafts for kids on GreenSpot-On blog (The coffee ground crafts are there too).